Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Structures is my B*@% (pardon the language)...

The Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption designed by Pietro Belluschi, Pier Luigi Nervi and McSweeney, Ryan & Lee, this is a panorama taken on Wednesday after spending an entire day doing structures in preparing for my structural exam on Monday. I took an all day structures class that started at 8:30 and went until 5:30 with only a 1/2 hour for lunch, so I needed a break when we finished so I hopped on a bus and headed to St. Mary's to take a look at it and it was well worth it, I think this is now another of my favorite buildings in San Francisco, along with the De Young and the Trans America Tower (still my most favorite building in the US). It seems that every time I come to San Francisco I find a new favorite I may have to move here at some time. What a great place this is, amazing buildings, amazing food, amazing transportation it has it all...

No comments: