Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Moon Before...


This is practice for the LCROSS mission this coming Friday. I am thinking that I am going to try and photograph the impact onto the moon. I am now trying to identify the area of the moon where the impact will take place. Once I have identified the location I will try and magnify the area as much as possible and will try and see how much of the event I can actually photograph. I am really hoping that this works because if I am photographing it I may not be able to see it so I will dependent on the camera catching the event for me to see afterwords.
Wish me luck, this is happening on Friday morning at 5:30am so it will hopefully be a good event, to make it worth getting up so early and standing in the chill to see something that may never happen again.
Nikon CoolPix S210, f5.9 1/17sec, ISO-400
Nikon CoolPix S210, f3.5 1/202 sec, ISO-64

No comments: